1. Who are we and what do we do
PROTECT A/S is an international company who manufactures products capable of protecting people and property against burglary and robbery.
PROTECT is the data controller responsible for your personal information processed via our website (“Site”) and services.
2. How to contact us
Hasselager Centervej 5
8260 Viby J
Phone: +45 86 72 18 81
3. What type of personal data do we collect about you?
Personal data means any information that can be related to you. When you use our Site, service systems or app, such information is collected. This happens for example by accessing the content of our Site or if you sign up for our newsletter.
The personal data that we collect, and process can be categorized as follows:
- Your personal details, such as your name, e-mail address, physical address (if provided), phone number (if provided), IP address, in some cases geo location and language.
- Your purchase information, such as your personal details as specified above, company name (if provided), your delivery information, such as delivery address, if different from physical address, your order information, such as product name, quantity, product name, stock keeping unit no. and product serial no., quantity, date of purchase and dealer information, your payment information and friend referral (if applicable).
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance, containing your personal details, as specified above, product serial number, product warranty information, place of purchase and other relevant information, which PROTECT A/S may inquire in order to proceed with your request.
Furthermore, we adhere to the following principles when processing your personal data:
- We will only collect personal data for specified and legitimate purposes.
- We will not collect personal data beyond what is necessary to accomplish our purposes.
- We will not use personal data for purposes other than that for which the data was collected.
- We will not transfer personal data to third parties, except with prior consent.
- We will do our best to ensure that information is up to date by encouraging you to verify your personal data periodically.
- We will maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing
- Except when stated herein, we will not store personal data longer than is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which the data were collected or for which they are further processed, or as is required by law
4. How do we use your personal data
We may use your information for the following purposes:
Fulfilment of Services
We collect and maintain personal information that you voluntarily submit to us during your use of the Site and/or our services to enable us to perform the services. Please note also that our Terms of Business apply when we provide the services.
Business administration and legal compliance
We use your personal information for the following business administration and legal compliance purposes:
– to comply with our legal obligations (including any Know Your Client or Anti-Money Laundering or Anti-Bribery, conflicts or similar obligations including, but without limitation, maintaining regulatory insurance);
– to enforce our legal rights;
– to protect the rights of third parties; and
– in connection with a business transaction such as a merger, or a restructuring, or sale.
We carry out the following marketing activities using your personal information:
- Postal marketing
- E-mail marketing
We use information that we observe about you from your interactions with our Site, our email communications to you and/or with services (see the Client Insight and Analysis section below for more details of the information collected and how it is collected) to send you marketing communications.
Client insight and analysis
We analyse your contact details with other personal information that we observe about you from your interactions with our Site, our email communications to you and/or with our services such as the services you have viewed.
- an IP address to monitor Site traffic and volume;
- a session ID to track usage statistics on our Site;
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products and contact preferences.
Our web pages contain “cookies” “web beacons” or “pixel tags” (“Tags”). Tags allow us to track receipt of an email to you, to count users that have visited a web page or opened an email and collect other types of aggregate information. Once you click on an email that contains a Tag, your contact information may subsequently be cross-referenced to the source email and the relevant Tag.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to certain Site administered by us or on our behalf.
By using this information, we are able to measure the effectiveness of our content and how visitors use our Site and our services. This allows us to learn what pages of our Site are most attractive to our visitors, which parts of our Site are the most interesting and what kind of offers our registered users like to see.
We also use this information for marketing purposes (see the marketing section above for further details).
Will your data be shared with anyone?
We may process or share data, based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose
- Legitimate interest: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract
- Legal obligations: We may disclose your personal information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law governmental requests a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process such as in response to a court order or subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements)
- Vital interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or legal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations
- Vendors, consultants and other third-party service providers: We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on our web sites which will enable them to collect data about you, how you interact with our web sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this policy, we do not share, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purpose.
- Business transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations or, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Who will your information be shared with?
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Advertising, Direct Marketing and Lead Generation
Facebook, Albacross, LinkedIn
- Retargeting platforms
Google Ads remarketing + Facebook Remarketing + LinkedIn Remarketing
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising
Facebook advertising, Instagram advertising, LinkedIn advertising, Twitter advertising, YouTube advertising
- Web and Mobile Analytics
Google Analytics, Analytify, WebARX, Socialinsider.io
- Web site hosting
5. Our legal basis
We process your personal information on the basis of one of the following reasons: (1) You have given us your consent for us to process your personal data (GDPR art. 6(1)(a)), (2) to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you (GDPR art. 6(1)(b)), (3) it is in our legitimate interest or a third parties legitimate interest to use personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the services in the best way that we can (GDPR art. 6(1)(f)), and/or (4) it is our legal obligation to use your personal information to comply with any legal obligations imposed upon us (GDPR art. 6(1)(c)).
6. Third party contractors and other controllers
- Third party vendors carrying out services on our behalf, including billing, sales, marketing, IT support, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, product service support, shipping and purchase order fulfillment, data storage, validation, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. Such third-party vendors have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your personal data for other purposes.
- Other third parties subject to your consent.When we disclose your personal data to a third party, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that those third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your personal data. The disclosure is conducted in compliance with legal requirements, including entering into data processing agreements with the relevant third parties to ensure that personal data is only processed in accordance with our instructions, applicable law and regulations and for the purpose specified by us and to ensure adequate security measures.
7. Retention of your personal data
We retain your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it.
Personal data related to your purchase and product warranty information is kept and processed for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase, unless you have obtained extended warranty period, or such data is legitimately processed for other purposes, such as providing you with personal benefits or customized direct marketing upon your consent or for pursuing our legal claims, where maintaining such information is considered necessary.
Personal data related to our provision of direct marketing to you is kept and processed for a period of three (3) years from the date you last have been active in opening our marketing communication or otherwise showing interest in such communication.
Personal data related to your use of our apps, service system and product software update(s) is kept and processed for a period of three (3) years from the date you last have been active.
Relevant personal information will be deleted after expiry of the above-mentioned periods, unless such data legitimately can be kept and processed for other processing purposes, which we have legal basis for.
8. What are your rights regarding your personal data
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you; Your right of access, your right to rectification, your right to erasure, your right to restrict processing, your right to data portability, your right to object, your right to withdraw your consent.
If you wish to make use of your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org/pghu.
Additionally, if you have concerns about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we have handled your personal information, you can report it to the relevant Supervisory Authority. The Danish Data Protection Authority may be reached by:
Borgergade 28, 5.
1300 København K